Members of the lab are encouraged to attend and present their work at scientific meetings.
Conferences we regularly attend are:
– Society for Neuroscience (SFN). Conference in Oct or Nov. Abstract submission deadline usually in May. Location varies (2013: San Diego)
– Vision Sciences Society (VSS). Conference in May. Abstract submission usually early Dec. Location is always Florida (used to be Sarasota, then Naples, moving to St. Pete Beach).
– Cognitive Neuroscience Society (CNS). Conference in March/April. Abstract submission usually early Nov. Location varies but is usually in New York or San Francisco.
Other relevant conferences:
– Human Brain Mapping (HBM). Conference in June. Abstract submission usually in Jan. Location varies (2013: Seattle).
– European Conference on Visual Perception (ECVP) . Conference in August. Abstract deadline usually around spring. Location varies.
– Human Robot Interaction (HRI). Conference usually in March and paper submission usually in September. Location varies.
– Asia-Pacific Conference on Vision (APCV) . Conference in July. Location varies.
– Intelligent Virtual Agents (IVA). Conference in August or September, submission usually in March or April. Location varies.
– International Multisensory Research Forum (IMRF). Conference in June. Abstract submissions in Dec or Jan. Location varies (2010: Liverpool).
– American Psychological Association (APA) Convention. Conference in August. Proposal deadline late Nov or early Dec. Location varies.
– Association for the Scientific Study of Consciousness (ASSC). Conference in August. Deadline usually early spring. Location varies.
– Cognitive Science. Conference in July. Deadline usually in spring. Location varies (2013 in San Diego).
– Most conferences have travel awards or fellowships for students, so always check. There may also be local funds available for supporting travel to conferences such as UCSD Dean’s Social Sciences Travel Award. See also, Funding.
– UCSD Travel Policy
– For information on preparing presentations and posters, see Presentations, Talks and Posters.